Summer School 2019
Once again we are pleased to be hosting the ever popular “Summer School”.
This is a series of individual one-day sessions throughout the summer for those who can’t bear the thought of the long, hot summer stretching out in front of them with no sewcialising.
As these sessions are a full day you can often achieve so much more than in a short two hour class and as usual, there is expert tuition, inspiration, reference books, tools, and mutual support on hand.
The emphasis is on learning, creating and relaxing in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
In response to student requests we have extended the time of the sessions a bit but since these are less formal sessions please feel free to leave when you need to. Places are limited for the comfort of all involved
The days are either a Tuesday or a Wednesday and will run from 10am until 4pm with a break for lunch and cost £35 per day. The dates are as follows: 16th July, 24th July, 30th July, 7th August and the 13th August.
Same format as before:
- Do one day, two or more, you choose
- Strictly bookable and payable in advance
- Guest students welcome. (Those not already on a weekly class or private course of study.) So why not bring a friend along.
Bring your own sewing machine, sewing kit, packed lunch and a project to work on. If you need inspiration or any help, get in touch!
Book via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 01424 893912
Here are the caveats:
- If you think you have booked but not paid, you haven’t booked!
- No very large projects allowed. In other words, don’t just use it as an excuse to monopolise the cutting table for large curtain/blind/gown/costume projects. (the cutting table is available for hire on other days)
- There will be a minimum number of students below which the day will not run so if you’re thinking of booking and leave it too late, I will have cancelled the day and gone to the beach!
- There will be a maximum number of students allowed so if you’re thinking of booking and leave it too late, there won’t be a place.
- Book as many or as few days as you want.
- Guests/children above 9 years are welcome if they behave and have paid. (discounts available for accompanied children but not if you are both over 18!)
- You are welcome to bring as much chocolate to share as you can carry.
- Tea and coffee provided but you make your own.
- Rolling lunch break in operation, meaning you take it when you feel like it if you are making great progress and don’t want to stop when I do.